Thursday, February 11, 2010

Application Letter Draft 3

Hoi Yee CHAN
Block xxx Tampines Street xx
#xx-xxx
Singapore xxxxxx
+65 xxxx xxxx
U07xxxxx@nus.edu.sg

1st February 2010

Changi Airport Group (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.
Singapore Changi Airport
PO Box 168
Singapore 918146

Dear Sir/Mdm,

Application for the post of Assistant Duty Terminal Manager

I am enclosing my resume to register my keen interest in the above-mentioned position posted online on 18th Dec 2009. I believe that Changi Airport Group has the ideal environment to pursue my goal of becoming a successful and innovative administrator.

I will be graduating this May with a Bachelor of Science, majoring in Life-Sciences (specialization in Biomedical Science) from the National University of Singapore. As a fresh graduate, I believe my self-motivation and willingness to learn will bring dynamism and enthusiasm to the workplace.

I am strong-willed person who is able to handle changes, challenges and adversities well. Despite the disappointing results at my first ‘A’ levels attempt, the subsequent retake as a private candidate had trained my strong determination and perseverance. From my overseas student exchange experience, I learnt how to perform independently, think critically, and relate to people of different backgrounds. I have acquired leadership qualities as the band major of my secondary school’s concert band.

My internship with Singapore Airport Terminal Services had offered me a glimpse of the day-to-day at Changi Airport and the rigorous nature of the assignment has trained me to work efficiently under pressure. I enjoyed working together as a team and providing the high level of service and interaction required to passengers. I am confident that my communication skills and proficiency in English, Chinese and Cantonese will stand me in good stead for this position.

I am excited about the prospects of working in Changi Airport Group and sincerely welcome any opportunity to discuss my suitability for the post. I am available anytime for an interview at your convenience.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours sincerely,




Iris Hoi Yee CHAN


Enclosure: Resume

2 comments:

  1. wow. You expressed some enthusiasm in your letter and that is good.Well-drafted and concise. So, I will get to see you at changi airport soon? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a reply. =)

    ReplyDelete